What to Expect at St. John’s UCC:
• We are happy you wish to worship with our family at St John’s. You will find people dress casually (some in jeans) and some people dress more formal (sport coat and tie); just come in what is comfortable for you.
• We welcome children to join our worship service.
• Parking spaces at St. John’s are beside the building, along Pine Alley, with additional spaces in the lot behind the building.
• Our place of worship is on the second floor. If you need our elevator, please come in the side door off our parking lot and you will be greeted and taken upstairs in the elevator. Otherwise use either our front door or the side door.
• Inside the front door you will be greeted at the bottom of the steps leading up to the place of worship.
• When you enter, you will be handed a program to guide you through the worship service.
• We usually stand for the songs. They are found in our black New Century hymn book or on the overhead screen.
• Our worship service usually includes a message/sermon from our Pastor. We do occasionally have a skit or some other way to present the message. We like to try new and different things with the focus on what Jesus has taught us.
• We take up a collection at our service, we ask guest to fill out a welcome card and place it in the plate as your offering.
• There is often a fellowship time downstairs in our fellowship hall after church to have a snack and meet people. We invite you to join us.
• We celebrate Communion (with grape juice/wine and bread) once a month, usually on the first Sunday of the month. You may participate or pass.
• May God bless you wherever you choose to worship!
Mission Statement: Our Mission Statement
The mission of St. John’s United Church of Christ is to:
LIVE our faith;
LOVE our community;
SHARE the love of Jesus Christ with all.